sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

I have a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland upon returning to

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland upon returning to car after dinner the following did not work:
Can't open both rear doors (inside and outside) & Rear Hatch Door
Can't open or close rear doors - either at doors or at switches on driver's door.
Interior light are on all the time
Remote clicker does no operate locking or unlocking doors
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Your passenger door module is down. The passenger door module controls the power locks for the rear, right front door and the liftgate. It's also the receiver for keyless entry, and it's lack of door ajar signal is what is causing the interior lights to stay on.

The problem could be the module itself but is more likely to be a broken wire, as you've seen in the past. Most likely either the black ground or orange power feed wire is broken. Start by inspecting the wiring in the boot, if nothing is seen or a break isn't found by pulling on each wire then the next step would be to test the power and ground feeds at the module.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is the Passenger Door Module in the Driver's Door or the Passenger's Door??

It's in the passenger door.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I finally checked the integrity of all the wires through the boot, through the connectors to the connector at the passenger door control module there is 12 volts between the black ground and the white w/blue stripe wire. There is no orange wire in the bunch of wires going to the module. Is this correct?? Are there any tests that I can do to check the integrity of the module or do I just buy a new one for 400 bucks?? Thanks for your help.

The power feed to the module is an orange/white wire.

Are you using a test light?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There is no orange heavy gauge wire going to the module. The two heavy gauge wires are black and white with blue stripe. My wife tells me the white could be very light pink. Yes I'm using a test light. I'm also proficient with a multimeter

Can you upload a picture of where you're testing? There shouldn't be a white/blue wire and there should definitely be a orange/white.