rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have 2005 jeep grand Cherokee I'm having some vibration in

Customer Question

hello I have 2005 jeep grand Cherokee I'm having some vibration in it between 30 and 40 mph
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: between 35 and 40 mph I hear some vibration under my feet and as soon as I let go on the gas pedal the vibration noise goes away and when I put my foot back on the pedal the vibration comes back and over 50mph theres no vibration
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jeep Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

Tires badly worn or out of balance can cause this as well as a loose front end part like and idler arm tie rod end etc. You should have the car put on a lift and an inspection done at this point because there are many things that can cause it and it can get expensive replacing a bunch of parts trying to find it.

Thanks, Ron