Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech

Gauges are bouncing around on my dashboard and periodically

Customer Question

Gauges are bouncing around on my dashboard and periodically it will beep without the key in the ignition. Check the battery alternator and starter and replaced the starter relay switch. No power to the starter 2002 Jeep Wrangler. Any advice would be appreciated Pearl
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Jeep Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Had the battery checked starter checked alternator check and replace the starter relay switch
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jeep Mechanic should know about your Jeep?
Customer: After the vechicle setting for 15-20 minutes the horn will work. I'll try to turn the key to start it up and it does nothing and after turning tne key I'll honk the horn and it will not work and they gauges will bounce around on the dashboard.
JA: Our top Jeep Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Jeep Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Jeep Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. This sounds like a low system voltage or bad connection(s) at the battery. Tell me this: When you turn on the headlights, are they nice and bright? If so, when you turn the key to the start position with the headlights on, do the lights stay bright, get dim, or turn off?

Let me know,