Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified

P1762 the sometime it doesn't change out of first gear and

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: P1762 the sometime it doesn't change out of first gear and it's not reversing
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jeep Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help.

What kind of Jeep do you have?

Talk soon,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Jeep grand cherokee laredo 04 rear wheel drive 6 cylinder 194k miles
Expert:  Brad replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for the reply!!!

Ok the code you have is P1762-GOV PRESS SEN OFFSET VOLTS TOO LO OR HIGH. To test the governor pressure sensor you will need a scantool to see if it's showing over 0 psi in gear. If it's showing anything over 0 psi when in gear and foot on brake then the governor pressure transducer and governor pressure solenoid will need to be replaced.. It's an easy job all you need to do is drop the pan and with a 7/16 and a T20 you can change them out.. I attached a picture showing their location in the valvebody...

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,