Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

When I turn the steering wheel either in park ,reverse or

Customer Question

when I turn the steering wheel either in park ,reverse or forward it starts to shake back and forth.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: you just turn the steering wheel either left or right a less then then a quarter turn and the steering shakes and vibrates and once you put it in the middle position it stops this happens in park or backing up or going down the road
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if I can
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jeep Mechanic should know about your Jeep?
Customer: every thing else is running great just started yesterday at 177,000 miles
JA: Our top Jeep Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Jeep Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Jeep Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that is happening. What year, make and model are we dealing with today? Are there any warning lights that come on when this happens or codes stored in the computer?