sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Have a 2008 Jeep Patriot which has a sunroof. Yesterday

Customer Question

Have a 2008 Jeep Patriot which has a sunroof. Yesterday while driving on the interstate the sunroof began to come loose. Upon inspection the weld which holds it in place on both sides has rusted and the sunroof has come loose. Any DIY fixes I could use?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Depending on what the actual problem is I would most likely have to recommend replacement of the failed part due to safety reasons. It's possible though that material could be added and everything rewelded.

Is the problem on the sunroof glass itself or the aluminum frame mounted to the headliner? Are you able to upload a picture of the damage?