Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 2000 Jeep Cherokee sport vin 1j4ff48s7yl235960. I

Customer Question

HI Pearl, I have a 2000 Jeep Cherokee sport vin 1j4ff48s7yl235960. I have had a error code problem for over a year. P196. I have fixed the exhaust elbows, the Evap. Solenoid, and the Crank Shaft Sensor. The symptom is as follows. I tighten up the clamps I have put on the exhaust elbows and clear out the error code P1494 MOD $D1. I drive for maybe 1/2 hour or an hour with no problem. I stop for something for maybe 1/2 hour either the error code comes back then or on a second stop during the same trip the code reappears. I checked all the fuses in the engine compartment box and all show contunity. I tighten up and clamped all the rubber connections. Now the code is always on when I start the car.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Would be nice.
JA: Is there anything else the Jeep Mechanic should be aware of about your Jeep?
Customer: I bought it used. Had a newer engine install a few years back. Don't recall the specs on it believe it is the same year. Crate engine.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Amedee replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Are you able to wait until tonight after I get off of work so I can assist you with your vehicle? We can even talk on the phone then. Either way let me know I and I will be happy to help you anyway I can.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
later is fine. E-mail is good for me. Forgot some info. This whole thing began when I added some Sea Foam to the gas. I blew the vacuum hose off the exhaust manifold. It went down hill from there. Found a rotted elbow exhaust elbow which has been replaced with a make shift elbow should not be leaking. Bought a new LDP and installed. Think that's all.
Expert:  Amedee replied 9 months ago.

Something came up and I need to leave this open for other experts. Very sorry about that and good luck!