Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

My 2003 jeep is blowing the ignition fuse every now and

Customer Question

My 2003 jeep is blowing the ignition fuse every now and then. When it blows it's while I'm driving.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Jeep. The Jeep Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: nothing more to tell I put in another fuse and it starts back up and is fine for another period of time.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I should be able to, just not sure what to look at. Nothing is damaged or has been changed.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jeep Mechanic should know about your Jeep?
Customer: I've had the Jeep for 5 years and I'm the only one who works on it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Jeep Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

you have a short in the ignition circuit this is caused by exposed wires touching together