Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

2007 Grand Cherokee with the 3.0 CRD diesel. I had the

Customer Question

2007 Grand Cherokee with the 3.0 CRD diesel. I had the dreaded swirl valve issue. I took the intake manifolds off and thoroughly cleaned them up along with the throttle control body. The issue with the swirl valves has been corrected but now I am getting a DTC of P0488. I do have a very slight leak at the EGR tube off the left intake manifold. I can feel the leak if I stick my hand right up next to flange of the EGR tube. I'm not completely set that this is causing my code. I can get the code to clear if I cycle the key 3 times and start it on the 4th. Then the code will clear and stay clear until I push the throttle. If I put the jeep under a load the code will come back on quicker than if I just throttle it up in park. When the code sets it puts the Jeep into limp mode and the ETC light starts to flash. I have gotten it to start moving before the lights came on a there was a significant chugging going on. Please help as I need to get this fixed for the owner ASAP. Thanks.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 11 months ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help.

If you feel a leak I would fix it as it's likely the cause of the code, but I attached the test that will be needed to be followed to determine what the issue is..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  Brad replied 11 months ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

Brad

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok. I was able to do the testing on this. Everything came out ok. I removed the EGR valve and thoroughly cleaned it up. Now I'm only getting the code and limp mode during acceleration. The P0488 comes comes on active until I shut the jeep off. When I restart it the code is then stored and will clear only to come right back on under accerlation. Could there be another cause for this? Thank you for the assistance.