Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

I'm going to attempt to change the fuel injectors on my 2002

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I'm going to attempt to change the fuel injectors on my 2002 jeep liberty 3.7. All the videos I've watched, none of which are for the liberty, show the rail on 1 side. My jeep has two rails connected across. Does this come off as one piece? Is there a way to change the injectors without completely removing the rail assembly
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Jeep. The Jeep Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing. I've ordered the injectors already and I'm just memorizing Youtube videos. None of them show these kind of rails. BTW, I'm a 5"2 band teacher that stands on a step stool to work on my jeep.
JA: Is there anything else the Jeep Mechanic should be aware of about your Jeep?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Jeep Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My deposit was received by justanswer and I was disconnected before additional information was received.
Expert:  Clayso replied 11 months ago.

Hi There, I'm Clay a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

The fuel rail is serviced as an assembly. Do not separate the rails. The Injectors are serviced individually, the service procedures are in the links below.

Fuel Rail Service & Repair

Fuel Injector Service & Repair

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions or run into any problems let me know.

Let me know when you have copied these procedures so I can remove my links.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.