Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech
Experience:  Master, L1, L2, ASE 15yrs and running.
19871424

Here, I'm buying a mygig radio out of a 2012 dodge laramie,

Customer Question

hey, ***** ***** here
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm buying a mygig radio out of a 2012 dodge laramie, do I need a code to install it in my '07 nitro?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jeep Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I just need to know 1. IF a code will be needed and 2. How to get the code needed?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have the VIN
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
from the previous vehicle
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

yes you will need a radio code to ge the radio to work. the year difference from 2007 to 2012 may have issues because of the primitive arcitecture of the 2007 to the 2012 radio . so beware!!