Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Is there any other way to remove oil pan from 2010 jeep

Customer Question

is there any other way to remove oil pan from 2010 jeep liberty without lifting engine
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Unfortunately I do not see or recall an easier way to remove the engine oil pan on this model here.I know on some models I have been able to pry or lift the engine slightly without removing the mounts to then remove the pan but this was on models that the pan was just barely hanging up not being able to remove it.On this model though unfortunately I do not see an easier procedure to remove the pan.Below is the exact procedure this calls for if this is a 4wd model.If this is a 2wd model let me know.

4x4 1. Disconnect Battery. 2. Install Engine Support Fixture 8534B. 3. Raise and support vehicle. 4. Remove front wheel and tire assemblies. 5. Remove skid plate (if equipped). 6. Drain engine oil. 7. Remove engine to transmission structural cover, (if equipped). 8. Remove transmission oil cooler line bracket. 9. Remove the front axle assembly from the vehicle. 10. Loosen both engine mount through bolts. 11. Lower the vehicle. NOTE: It is not necessary to remove the viscous fan , or fan shroud, for oil pan removal. 12. Raise the engine using Engine Support Fixture 8534B, until the viscous fan almost touches the fan shroud. 13. Raise the vehicle. 14. Remove the oil pan bolts. 15. Separate the oil pan from the engine. 16. Remove the (2) nuts and (1) bolt holding the oil pump pick-up tube, and windage tray in place. NOTE: It will be necessary to move the oil pan from side to side to gain access to these fasteners. 17. Drop the oil pump pick-up tube into the oil pan, and remove the oil pan, pick-up tube, and the windage tray, as an assembly, from the front of the vehicle.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete