gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler dealership technician
12249065

2007 Wrangler with P0303. I put a remanufactured engine in

Customer Question

2007 Wrangler with P0303. I put a remanufactured engine in it last fall and it has ran like a top ever since, Friday it started running terrible and my buddy called to tell me he needed me to fight with his Jeep. I have spark at #3 spark plug, I just swapped a coil pack to see if that was it, no change, New set of plugs and wires since issue started since that was the semi easy attempt at repair. I swapped the fuel injectors between 1 and 3 and the problem never moved. I ran a compression check and all cylinders are within 5% of one another, vacuum test reads 17" dead steady at idle. I clear codes every time I make a change. I'm befuddled.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

you getting a check engine light if so what is the code

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A flashing check engine light, code P0303, Misfire cylinder 3.
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

seems like you have already changed everything that would cause a miss fire with the exception of the o2 sensor

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a trouble tree regarding this fuel injector or other method? I'm thinking a component failed but I'm not sure what or if it might be something going to ground.
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

It can be somewhat common to burn a valve on these. You did a compression test, but you should do a leak down test as well

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got no notification of your reply until this morning Gomi_otaku, I told him to take it to another shop because I couldn't determine the issue. Thank you for your reply, that's about the only thing I didn't try, now I wish he wouldn't have been in such a time crunch and I'd have had the time to wait for notification of a reply. I checked yesterday morning and no replies and since he needed it back soon, I told him to take it to another shop since I'm a restoration shop who does mechanic work for friends in the evenings.