Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

My '01 Grand Cherokee overheated because of a failed

Customer Question

hi Pearl. my name is Bob
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Jeep. The Jeep Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My '01 Grand Cherokee overheated because of a failed radiator cooling fan. I replaced the fan and the relay and the fan still does not work. I have power to the relay and a solid ground. what are the chances of a bad PCW?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: *PCM?
JA: Huh?
Customer: Yes
JA: Is there anything else the Jeep Mechanic should be aware of about your Jeep?
Customer: nothing else
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  bill replied 9 months ago.

slim chance it's a bad computer, first is the check engine light ON?

if so what's the code that is setting, the PCM monitors the cooling fan circuit so if there is a problem it usually sets a code.

second where was the relay located you replaced?