Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

Starts up just fine and stalls out, 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Customer Question

Starts up just fine and stalls out
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Jeep. The Jeep Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with the 4.7L V8 that starts up fine, runs for a second then immediately dies
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Fixed loose battery connection and inspected JB power fuses
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Jeep Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Jeep Mechanic should know about your Jeep?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Jeep Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you with your problem. When you turn the key on, does the red security light come on for about 3 seconds and then turn off, or does it stay on, or does it not come on at all?

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello?