Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I need to replace my Wj 2004 transfer case position sensor

Customer Question

I need to replace my Wj 2004 transfer case position sensor but its difficult to access from underneath - any thoughts?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Jeep. The Jeep Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Getting a fault code P0836
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: got the sensor just nee dto get a good access
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jeep Mechanic should know about your Jeep?
Customer: nope all ok
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Jerry replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

If you remove the cross member and lower the transfer case it will give you the required amount of room to replace the sensor.

.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks