Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

2002 JGC orange key light self test passed will not fire,

Customer Question

2002 JGC orange key light self test passed will not fire
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Jeep. The Jeep Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: That is what is happening
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if possible
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jeep Mechanic should know about your Jeep?
Customer: new battery good connections
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Jeep Mechanic will know what to do. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Tell me: when you turn on the ignition to the "on" position, can you hear the soft whirring sound of the fuel pump come on in the fuel tank for about 2 seconds and then turn off? When you crank the engine, does the tachometer needle move up a little bit? and finally, does the fuel gauge and voltmeter come up when you turn on the ignition?

Chris

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no fuel pump no movement on the gauges only the gas empty and orange key light
Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Ok, well then it sounds like the PCM ( engine computer ) may have failed. Do you work on your own vehicle or have a shop do that?

Chris