sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have 06 Jeep Commander with airbag light on. Codes B1204

Customer Question

I have 06 Jeep Commander with airbag light on . Codes B1204 B1206 . I don't have passenger airbag on off indicator light anywhere on the dash or around radio
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Quiet often this these codes indicate the bulb is blown for the passenger air bag, which also explains you not seeing the light illuminating briefly while starting.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Where is the bulb located

The bulb is behind the air bag warning light in the instrument cluster.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do you have picture or diagram showing where is exactly located. Is it replaceable

It is not replaceable, its an LED soldered into the circuit board of the instrument cluster.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm replacing cluster tomorrow.

Keep in touch if needed.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I replaced cluster and still same code. You where wrong about location of the light bulb . I have learned that on 06 and 07 they deleted this light and the car is equipped with dual stage airbag instead.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What else culd be a problem
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 8 months ago.

All vehicles have an air bag light. Do you want the diag steps for those 2 codes?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I know that . I have airbag light in the cluster but you are talking about wrong light . Codes are for airbag on off light for passanger airbag

I will opt out and let someone else help since my diag steps are not matching what your vehicle needs done.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

These codes are for the passenger airbag disable lamp which is for the occupant classification system. This may be the airbag module itself (very unlikely), wiring (again unlikely) or it could be the lamp itself. The passenger airbag disable lamp is part of the upper switch bank in the center of the dash, between the radio and a/c control head. The wiring would need to be tested to know for sure if the issue was wiring or the lamp, but odds are the switch bank is going to need to be replaced.