Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I just bought a 2002 jeep grand cherokee with the 4.7 litre

Customer Question

I just bought a 2002 jeep grand cherokee with the 4.7 litre V-8 and I am getting OBD2 codes 0841, 0845, & 0870. yet everything seems fine. What could be the problem
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the check engine light came on and the above are the codes I got. And my OBD 2 scanner will not let me erase the codes. the transmission seems to be working fine. No burnt trans oil smell or discolouration.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jeep Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

P0841 - LR PRESSURE SWITCH SENSE CIRCUIT

P0845 - 2C HYDRAULIC PRESSURE TEST FAILURE

P0870 - OD HYDRAULIC PRESSURE TEST FAILURE

.

That could be in the trans solenoid/TRS assembly or the valve body or of course the TCM.

.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the test instructions in PDF files, they are file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks