sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Changed a/c panel switches and resistor panel still does not

Customer Question

changed a/c panel switches and resistor panel still does not turn on fuses are ok. what's next
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the control head is inoperative yet fuses are good and it has been replaced then it's missing a power or ground, which could be for a number of reasons including wiring.

What is the year and model of the vehicle?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I included that with my q.-- 2003 Jeep Wrangler sport

The only information posted on the page was:

Is there any other information missing?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
when I first changed the resistor panel, the panel switches worked--- I thought the problem was solved--- changed the first switch than resistor--- next time to try it wasn't working--- not even on high speed--- so changed the whole unit---the vacuum unit came apart at connection --- matched the color lines and put back together and still didn't turn on. Only has a little over 56,500 miles--- by the way where is the ground wire for this area. I hope this helps--- waiting for your answer---Stan

Have you used a test light to check for power and ground at the blower motor?