eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase mechanic 16 Plus years in the field
6149662

2006 grand cherokee lerado 4x4 3.7L sensors related to

Customer Question

2006 grand cherokee lerado 4x4 3.7L
sensors related to transmission
& their locations
Category: Jeep
Expert:  eauto replied 9 months ago.

they are internal are you planning on opening up the transmission for repair?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
yep
Expert:  eauto replied 9 months ago.

see attached

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
based on prblems i described, which do u think r problem noids
Expert:  eauto replied 9 months ago.

what do you mean by shift confusion? where is the leak? any codes? any slipping?

Expert:  eauto replied 9 months ago.

does it do it warm or cold? hows the fluid?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
uphill slippage, trans fluid leakage on undercarraige (dont kno frm where yet), confussion between 1st 2nd & 3rd. 4th gear on is regular. (cold is most often)
Expert:  eauto replied 9 months ago.

how many miles are on the unit? any trouble codes? is the fluid dark or burnt?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
115k.. p700? is old code prior to torque fix.. new codes unknown.. check light comes and goes
Expert:  eauto replied 9 months ago.

po700 is a code saying there are more codes in the tcm..what scan tool are you using? slipping is never electronic that's internal wear... The unit should be rebuilt or replaced...

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
there was recall on this exact problem. my vin didnt make the 100,000 units honored.
u got to be familiar with the recall fix...? y/n
Expert:  eauto replied 9 months ago.

the n23 recall?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
have no idea... based on new discussion, which do u think r problem noids . or is this top secret info
Expert:  eauto replied 9 months ago.

there was a reprogram recall and a recall because they popped out of park... But none for slipping on hills... Slipping on hills is clutch and steel s that are worn internally,, No solenoid will cure that... Not top secret.. That's all internal failure..You could replace the whole valve body and all the solenoids..and it will not cure a slip under load...

Expert:  eauto replied 9 months ago.

the only other recall is the fill tube seal ...basically the grommet at the bottom of the trans fill tube...some allowed leakage or water intrusion...which could give a torq converter shutter if the fluid was water contaminated... Is your fluid water contaminated?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
very unfamiliar with that? what does tcm change cure..? and wher is it located on this vehicle
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
also i get a brief clatter noise when starting
Expert:  eauto replied 9 months ago.

a*****issue..those are the 3 recalls for the 05 on grand Cherokees... none with your symptoms... slipping is internal wear sorry to be the bearer of bad news... is the clatter from the motor or the belt area?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
motor
Expert:  eauto replied 9 months ago.

upper or lower end

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
upper
Expert:  eauto replied 9 months ago.

any signs of sludge or varnish? have you owned since new?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no & yes.. just paid it off, 28k cant get me to 150k miles....?
dont think its ur fault , jus i seem to be getting more question than suggestions/ answers. ur up to 16 questions to me....
and 2 suggestions
Expert:  eauto replied 9 months ago.

I apoligise I ask important questions to give you a accurate answer,, The noise is likely lifters which is common on all 3.7 Chrysler jeep motors...If its just a few seconds on cold starts its nothing to worry about.. As far as the transmission it will require rebuild or replace,, Your symptoms are internal failure not electrical...There are more transmission codes in the system and a good scan tool will retrieve them,,,They are likely ratio / slip codes which would all back up my answer

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i appreciate ur response.. on my 04 bmw we replaced all the selenoids in da tranny.. afta cp re-progam/reset,
she's brand nu.. on 06 grnd chrk sys, am i facing da same inline 6
Expert:  eauto replied 9 months ago.

inline 6? its a 3.7 which is a v6...

Expert:  eauto replied 9 months ago.

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
would never degrade help, u got a 5 frm me) inline 6.. 3.7L exactly.. when u built a jeep tranny (selenoids etc). what probs did u face..? & what results..?
Expert:  eauto replied 9 months ago.

I always change the valve body all solenoids and torq converter along with clutch and steels and all seals with great luck.. but if your trying to save money price a used unit on www.car-part.com

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thank u again...
Expert:  eauto replied 9 months ago.

hope you rate me 5 star

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
cant find rating page... dont see it rather.. do i need to back page..?
Expert:  eauto replied 9 months ago.

not showing up? if not type I rate john 5 star and customer service will manually do it