Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee 6 cylinderthe control like

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee 6 cylinder*****the control for the like security system thing will not let it start its cranking over but will not start I have disconnected the battery checked all the fuses I had a wire in the door that was short and put it back together but still will not start what to do the gas gauge and something else wasn't working on the dash since this the night before we drive it and it was perfectly fine the next morning and had a dead battery so I went to jump it and then it wouldn't crank over please help it cranks over but the security system alarm will not let it start up at all with taking the battery totally out put a brand new one in no gauges work
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes thank you we had a wire for the drivers windows that that was into that I spliced back together that fixed nothing to are covering anything else on the Jeep will crank over but the gas gauges and the old age isn't showing what it is and it's um it's almost like it's like not getting fire fuel but the night before it was perfectly fine and we had it for a while and it's like I said its a 2001 and the security system I think it's not letting it start but I don't have a keyless entry to it I just have the key but it was it was fine the night before
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jeep Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Your PCM has failed it is not a security system problem. The PCM (engine computer ) is not allowing spark or fuel and is also preventing the gauges from working. If find no blown fuses. Then have the PCM replaced. I have seen this exact same thing before and am 99% sure that this will fix it.

I hope that this information is helpful and please let me know if you need further assistance.

Chris

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Will try this thank you and wish me luck I'm female so. If it doesn't work I'll beat it up lol just poking thxs
Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

You are welcome, and I do wish you goid luckChris

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Was a fast response thku for this haven't tried till daylight thxs
Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

My pleasure to help you. By the way, if I have been helpful, please take a minute to use the rating system and rate my service today. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me positive.

Thank you!

Chris

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I would definitely recommend people to go here first before the shop I kinda thght it might be that but not sure daughter jumped jeep think she might of done backwards not sure and shorted it out I had driver door opened for wire and window wire broke I butt connected them back then put battery on charge after she tried to jump it and wouldn't start up like not getting fuel I thght maybe bcm or pcm going to junk yard today thku
Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Hmmm, jump starting it backwards could be the reason. That can kill controllers immediately. Let me know how it goes.

Chris

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will thku so much . JUNKYARD here I come lol who! Gonna get BC pcm to be safe get new crank sensor
Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Ok, good luck!!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Hello again!

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Hello again!

Thank you!

Chris