Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My 2004 jeep grand cherookee keeps cranking but will not

Customer Question

my 2004 jeep grand cherookee keeps cranking but will not start. I changed the cumputer,crank sensor and the coil but still no start. I can hear the fuel pump come on when i turn the key
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Even though you can hear the fuel pump come on it may not be producing enough fuel pressure.I have seen this occur before with a weak fuel pump needing replaced.If you have not had the fuel pressure tested at all this needs done to see if this is a low fuel pressure issue here.If this is the 4.0 liter engine the fuel pressure should be between 44 and 54 psi.If any lower then this then the pump is weak needing replaced or the fuel filter is plugged needing replaced.

This is one of the more common causes for this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete