Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2006 commander limited-When I come to a stop light

Customer Question

I have a 2006 commander limited-When I come to a stop light I hear a down lug in the motor after stop and it will stall out if I do not throw it in neutral.I am a woman and I am so scared of taking it to a dealership because I don't want just a process of elimination mechanic that can lead to endless $$.One dealership manager told me it was just a hiccup with my Jeep.Basicly life with it. As a reminder....I do hear a lug in the motor before stall. Thank you for your Help
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No one thing I will mention....when I had the recall for computer updating done.They did not reset/clear the computer because it was not covered under recall.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jeep Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check and see if there is carbon build up in the throttle body bore or bore plate.If there is use a shop rag or similar with brake cleaner or carb. cleaner sprayed on it to clean out the throttle body.Then re check the operation.In some cases carbon build up in the throttle body will cause this type of fault here needing cleaned out.If this is done and does not correct this fault let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete