Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

My customer 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 v8 with Vin

Customer Question

Hi Brad, My customer 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 v8 with Vin 1J8HCE8P99Y503641 was submerged by flood the vehicle could not start again which i removed most module to clean. but still not starting, no ignition light on the instrument cluster, but only red immo light blinking. i need a complete unit that can start the vehicle or link me where to buy used affected units the was removed from one vehicle,
Category: Jeep
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Also smart key could not suck the key
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 10 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** this vehicle was submerged automatically you need the alternator, starter, ECM PCM and likely many sensors will have been damaged as well as a complete service of all oils. The instrument cluster is also likely shorted internally. You can likely locate these parts both new and salvage on the web.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i need plug and play units that controls starting . pls can you give a link on where to buy the used unit.i can take care of alternator,starter,and sensors. but what i realy need is the key wth the module, fusebox and bcm. from one vehicle.

Any of the places I know of will be in the US. Are you looking for a US vendor to buy these from?

Click these links. They can also put them on a locator for you to find what they do not have.

http://www.centralfloridaautosalvage.com/used-parts/Jeep/Cherokee#.VtUhIubuOJY

Also

http://www.jwjeep.com/

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please remember to rate my answers

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It was not resolved because I dont know which of the that needed let me know which of parts do I need to fix the vehicle

If this thing was submerged under water it will likely need all electronic control modules and components. you will likely have more problems down the road with corrosion in the wiring harness as well.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
which of the electronic control module do i need to change i used contact cleaner to clean all the places that has corrosion. ignition light is not coming up on the dashboard even when i turn the key on, Only the immo light that blinks on the dashbpoard
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
All the links you sent said they dont have parts at stock a the moment

They may be able to put them on a locator for you to expand a global or national search. Or you will have to Google jeep and auto salvage yards to do a search until you have success unfortunately that is how the used parts business works. If it were my vehicle I would part it out and not fix it. The parts and labor to fix this will likely cost more than what the Jeep is worth in most cases.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
All the links you sent said they dont have the parts at the moment

I am going to opt out as i am out of suggestions. Maybe another expert can offer more help. You will need to go to Google.com and search for jeep salvage yards. I have no control over what stock salvage yards have around the world. A locator is your best bet. It might take some time to hunt this stuff down. Otherwise you will need to buy new parts from Jeep/Chrysler.

Buy New parts and you will have and find them quicker at the dealer but you will pay the new price. Sorry there is not better news.

Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon!!!

Do you still need help?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Mr Brad, i still need help
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
can you help me on question above