Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

94 grand cherokk runs but dies on road no pressure at relief

Customer Question

94 grand cherokk runs but dies on road no pressure at relief valve
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Nopressure at release valve wont keeprunning starts fine
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jeep Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** will be helping you today.

There are 3 common causes for this. 1 a failing crank shaft position sensor, 2 a failing cam shaft position sensor, and 3 a failing PCM (engine computer). Either one can act up when the engine warms up. Do this: try to get your Jeep to an auto parts store like AutoZone and ask them to connect their OBD 1 (not OBD 2) scan tool to your vehicle and check for any trouble codes. If there is a code for "loss of crank sensor signal or cam shaft sensor signal" then have the appropriate sensor replaced. If there are no codes at all, then suspect a failing PCM and have it replaced. Most auto parts stores will connect their scan tool for no charge to you.

Hope this information helps, and let me know if you need more assistance with this.

Chris