Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

Jeep quits all along sometimes it will crank sometimes it

Customer Question

jeep quits all along sometimes it will crank sometimes it does nothing when youn turn the key sometimes nothing wait a while it might crank or just spin the engine then nothing when you turn key
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

There are 3 common causes for this. 1 a failing crank shaft position sensor, 2 a failing cam shaft position sensor, and 3 a failing PCM (engine computer). Either one can act up when the engine is warm or cold. Do this: try to get your Jeep to an auto parts store like AutoZone and ask them to connect their scan tool to your vehicle and check for any trouble codes. If there is a code for "loss of crank sensor signal or cam shaft sensor signal" then have the appropriate sensor replaced. If there are no codes at all, then suspect a failing PCM and have it replaced. Most auto parts stores will connect their scan tool for no charge to you.

Hope this information helps, and let me know if you need more assistance with this.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Hello, did you receive my answer?

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply?

Chris