Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

I was driving my 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon last night and

Customer Question

I was driving my 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon last night and the windshield wipers are now staying on and my blinkers don't work and neither do my high beams or my fog lamps. Do you know what is going on and what should I do about it?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

on a modern jeep all the computers talk to each other, and when one goes down(stops talking) the system goes to a default, the one that will cause the blinkers to stop and the wipers to stay on is the CCN or cabin compartment node, that computer is the instrument cluster on your jeep.

to properly diagnose the problem you need a dealer level scan tool, HOWEVER you can try a battery disconnect for 5 minutes or so to see if the computer is simply "locked up" or software locked, if everything returns to normal it would be a good idea to have the software level checked at either a jeep dealer od a specialty shop that specializes in Chrysler products