Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2001 jeep grand cherrokee laredo. it has only one

Customer Question

i have a 2001 jeep grand cherrokee laredo. it has only one key entry point which is on the drivers side door i dont have the beep beep button or key less entry just a key. i cahnged out my oil pressure censor the battery died i charged it and now the anti theft is on and wont let me start it is there some kind of manual key code through the ignition or through the drivers side entry that i can reset the anti theftt thru
Category: Jeep
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 9 months ago.

Hi. When you disconnected and reconnected the battery cables, did you have the ignition key in the ON position?

Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

I see another expert here has opted out,do you still need help on this here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i do and i did have the key in on position . is there a manual bypas or reset
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

I apologize for the delay.

If locking and unlocking the vehicle with the manual key does not reset the fault with the alarm here then the only other way I see to turn off the alarm on this model here is with the remote/keyless entry remote as some times one needs obtained and programmed to the vehicle to reset this or to have a dealer reprogram the theft system in your vehicle.I looked at all the info I show for this system on your model here and these are the only two ways to reset this here unfortunately.

Some claim they can leave the key in the on position in the ignition for a few minutes to reset the system but I havent tried this myself.Other then this it sounds like a trip to the dealer to have it reprogrammed or to obtain a remote and have it programmed to turn off the alarm.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete