Amedee
Amedee, Jeep Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I have an 05 liberty 3.7L. My wife t a racoon and tore the

Customer Question

I have an 05 liberty 3.7L. My wife hit a racoon and tore the wires out of the 02 sensor (1/2). The wires wrapped around the drive shaft and we're torn out of the harness. What is the voltage supposed to be in the harness side of the wires, and is it possible the 02 sensor (2/2) and (1/2) are bridged. The wire colors are not the same as what the Haynes manual says.I have a dvom but I need to know the voltage for each pin.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Amedee replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Here is a wiring diagram for these 2 oxygen sensors.

Expert:  Amedee replied 9 months ago.

The 4 wires coming into the bottom of the oxygen sensors (two on each sensor) are grounds. They should have no voltage. The heater control circuits are going to be battery voltage only when the computer wants to heat up the oxygen sensors. This is usually on a cold start or as the engine is warming up. The o2 sensor signal will fluctuate. It may have a reverence voltage with the sensors connectors unplugged. .5 or 1 volt.

Expert:  Amedee replied 9 months ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer.

I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Let me know!