sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

How do I backup my address book from my jeep MyGig 730N RER

Customer Question

How do I backup my address book from my jeep MyGig 730N RER to a USB flash drive?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Last time I updated my MyGIG Navigation Map, I lost all my addresses that I stored in MyGIG on my 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I bought the latest map update DVD, but I don't want to loose my Address Book files.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jeep Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Unfortunately there isn't a way for a user to just backup address book data. Audio and picture files can be manually transferred between the radio and a USB flash drive by a user but a complete data backup would be required to also transfer address book data. The complete hard drive backup procedure requires an external hard drive to be connected to the radio and then a backup procedure is performed with a scan tool. If you don't have a scan tool available and would like to have the hard drive backed up your dealer would most likely do so for .5 to 1 hour of labor at the most.