sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Lare6 4.06 cylinder last

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Lare6 4.06 cylinder last month about 3 weeks ago no I have a anti theft light on my dash and the car starts and runs for a couple seconds and then dies I tried the key in the farthest back off position and now the gauges are going crazy the truck won't start and the anti theft system system light comes on dash. I had a locksmith come out to program new key
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds as if you have a PCI bus communication issue. If the SKIM module can't communicate with the powertrain control module then it will start and die, and you'll have gauge issues and warning lights if communication isn't possible.

Can you explain exactly what you're seeing on the instrument cluster?