cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

Started with a no heat issue and a water pump issue

Customer Question

Started with a no heat issue and a water pump issue (leaking) replaced thermostat, water pump was able to run water (through a hose) thru heater coil lines are about equally hot, checked ac heat fan switch founded heat damaged also only high fan working replaced it. Dropped blending motor I can turn the stem 90 degrees manually. Blending motor will not actuate on its on heat I get a warm blast then it cools off and still only high working on switch help
Category: Jeep
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

i would have the heater core flushed sounds like it is clogged up

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about the blend motor, i think the fan motor might be the resistor pack?
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

it is possible it is the resistor pack

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the blend motor? How do u check the resistor pack?
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

i highly dont it is the blend motor Using a 12 volt DC test light probe the plug Turn the ignition to the run position and move the fan switch through all the positions. If this is a 2 way plug you may have to probe both sides of the plug since one side will be ground (-). If the test light lights up on all the positions,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
badically verify the switch and if its good then by default the resistors are bad, since the switches were replaced today (heat damaged at connectors) they should be good but why wont the blend motor actuate? Removed i can move it manually but that it
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

yes thats it go ahead and do a voltage test to the blend motor make sure it is getting voltage

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yup, getting voltage, sweet jesus this alot to go bad at one time. Gonna try and flush heater coil if done with water until it runs clear would that tell me anything?
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

yeah if it comes out clear you are good and should be having heat your motor is getting voltage so it is fine you have tested the resistor

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wow, so far ive found a water pump leaking like civ, burnt connectors on controls, it had melted part of the fan switch itself, still needs a flush, resistors and a blend motor ugh i sure was hoping there was something that tied everything in and had locked out everything else
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

it is possible it is a computer problem but that would take a dealer to check unless you have jeep software in a scanner or computer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nah im getting voltage everywhere so id imagine thats very unlikelyWell i ran water through until it got clear and no help next get some flush?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what would you recommend?
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

have you checked the bled doors them selfs to make sure they are opening

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Uhm, i can turn it 90 degrees but dont know how to actually lay eyes on the doors themselves
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh it goes (this makes me feel like an idiot) but "thunk" when it hits i am assuming that implies its no obstructed
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

only way to get eyes on is to take the dash apart