Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

2008 jeep wrangler x husband just put a new tie rod on the

Customer Question

2008 jeep wrangler x husband just put a new tie rod on the pitman arm. Once he got through cranked it up and esp and jeep slipping light came on, wasn't on before, what happened
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help.

What code are setting in the ABS module?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We've been trying to get a reading but none of the places around here does abs readings
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

You will need a scantool such as the WiTech I use here at the dealership to retrieve the codes.. Once you know what the codes are you will be able to repair it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I can't get find anyone that has a scanner except the dealership and they can't see me until next week. My husband also has to install the drag link but since I have a right wheel drive we had to order it that why the tie was installed withput it. Beside the fact he said it was about to fall out. My only question until I can get the code read is if it's dangerous to drive it. He has also put new senors on both front sides. I drive a rural route and live in a rural community which is why no one has these scanners
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

If you have good brakes then you shouldbe ok, but when the ABS light is on the Anti-Lock brakes will not operate correctly so you will slide if you have to slam on brakes so I would get the codes read asap because you are on the road quite a bit..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad