Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

The key in my 2001 Jeep Wrangler will not turn at all. I

Customer Question

The key in my 2001 Jeep Wrangler will not turn at all. I have two transponder keys and neither will turn at all. It's as if the ignition is locked?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

HI,

Ok, first try the following - use a hammer and GENTLY tap around the key cylinder as you try to turn the key. Many times this is just sticking tumblers and this will resolve the issue. If it works, go by a hardware store and get some spray graphite. Spray inside the key cylinder and insert key and turn back and forth. This will lubricate the tumblers and prevent it from happening again.

If it doesnt work let me know and will go from there

Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks