Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Jeep Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Jeep Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

207 cheroee blower rattles when turned on
, I want to

Customer Question

JA: Cars do make very odd noises -- They help the mechanics figure out what's wrong. They are terrific with my old Grand Cherokee. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I want to replace squirell cage
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yup
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jeep Mechanic should know about your Jeep?
Customer: I just want to know how to get at it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jeep Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 9 months ago.

On this vehicle, the squirrel cage is not replaceable as a stand alone item. The cage is secured to the blower motor shaft. If there is a problem with the cage, the blower motor as an assembly will need to be replaced (and if it's rattling, it's more likely the blower motor bearings are the cause anyway). To gain proper access to the blower motor, the glove compartment will first need to be removed. For easier viewing/printing, I've wrapped up all the procedures you will need to replace the blower motor into a PDF file. Download the PDF file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/79xei5qbekfrlq2/jeep-blower.pdf?dl=0

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.