Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

Pete. What is the low temperature range on jeep coolant? I

Customer Question

Pete. What is the low temperature range on jeep coolant? I am going to be in an area with temps down t about 5 degrees,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Want to know if I should change normal coolant before going to cold region
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jeep Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.

Hi I'm Kevin coolant levels in most cars from factory are normally safe down to about -25 but over time this can weaken the only way to know for sure is to pop to garage and have antifreeze strength tested it takes 2 seconds and will tell you your safe temp

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.

No worries please remember to rate my service and let me know if you need anything else

Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.

Please remember to rate my service