Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

My name is ***** *****. I snapped the roof mounted antenna

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** *****. I snapped the roof mounted antenna off of my 2012 jeep liberty and wanted to know how to repair it
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: not really.. backing out of garage, I sanpped the antenna off
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jeep Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.

Do you have a picture of what is left? If it's just the antenna you can replace it but if the base is damaged it will need to be replaced.. Can you send a picture and the VIN so I can give you the best plan to fix it?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The VIN is 1C4PJMAK8CW127650... the base is not damaged. antenna snapped off low
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The base isnt damaged.But the antenna snapped off pretty low
Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for the VIN and pictures!!

Ok the screw is snapped off and you will need a left handed drill bit to remove it and maybe a screw extractor set to finish removing it.. Once you have the broke off screw out you will just need to replace the antenna mast and you should be in good shape...

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad