b5demon
b5demon, Technician
Experience:  ASE and Chryler/Jeep master technician for 17 years
13235514

This is cool! My name is ***** ***** and I have a 2013 Jeep

Customer Question

Hello...this is cool! My name is ***** ***** and I have a 2013 Jeep Rubicon - Manual Transmission. I was driving it today and it would not shift in 1st or 2nd....it would move while in 3rd. I immediately drove it home and now it will shift into all gears, but barely moves.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My name is ***** ***** and I have a 2013 Jeep Rubicon - Manual Transmission. I was driving it today and it would not shift in 1st or 2nd....it would move while in 3rd. I immediately drove it home and now it will shift into all gears, but barely moves.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jeep Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  b5demon replied 10 months ago.

Hi Welcome to Just Answer! How many miles are on your jeep?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
57,xxx..... I did have a bad smell coming in form the vents. I took it to a Jeep dealership and they said everything was fine and it didn't make sense to check the clutch unless it wasn't working. Basically said if you check it, you should replace it.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Just hoping not a transmission issue
Expert:  b5demon replied 10 months ago.

with the smell you are getting and the trans shifting issue it sounds like the clutch is the issue

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Does(###) ###-####sound like a correct estimate?
Expert:  b5demon replied 10 months ago.

if the clutch is slipping it will need to be replaced nothing really to check with it. Yes that sounds like a good estimate

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Awesome.... Thanks
Expert:  b5demon replied 10 months ago.

no problem always glad to help