Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Battery keeps draining overnight
, replaced battery a

Customer Question

battery keeps draining overnight
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: replaced battery a week later jeep wont start, I jump it off, starts for the day and won't start next morning
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jeep Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** year, model, and engine size is your Jeep? Thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
2007 commander
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
5.7
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Does everything seem to work fine? Do all of the electrical accessories seem to shut off? Thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Do you have heated seats? The heated seat module is pretty common to fail causing battery to drain on these vehicles.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How do you turn them off so they won't drain the battey
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Circuit breaker #2 feeds power to the Heated Seat Module (HSM) and the Memory Seat Module (MSM). Remove the circuit breaker to see if battery stops draining if so you know the module needs to be replaced. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions. Thanks.