Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

04 liberty just purchased. Great car, great shape except

Customer Question

04 liberty just purchased. Great car, great shape except drove it a couple days and suddenly the brakes locked up. An hour later it was fine again for several days till the same thing. Again, after resting it's fine. Shoes,rotors,calipers,and brake lines new.wtf
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.

Are you saying the brakes locked up when your driving? When exactly do they lock up? Is the pedal hard?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it happens while in motion driving. Like someone is stepping on brake. When you pull over and stop you can't move car for 30min or more then it's fine for days. When they do this the pedal is hard.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are you there
Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.

When it happens again you will need to jack up each wheel to determine which one is locking up. When you find the wheel then you will need to loosen the bleeder screw and see if it releases and allows it to roll.. If it's a front caliper I would advise to replace both fronts..

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Already replaced.
Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.

Which wheels are locking up?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Seemed like all of them .
Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.

I will need to know which ones are locking up to get an idea on what's going on. You will need to jack up the vehicle and spin each one to determine which ones are locked up

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Have to get back to you. So far unfortunately this has not been a help. I'll check wheels next time it happens.
Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.

I can't help unless I know what's going on... I will need to know which wheels are locking up then I will get an idea on what is happening..

Glad I could help,

Brad

Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.

Do you still need help?

Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

Brad