Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, L1, Jeep owner, Shop owner
13677702

I have a 2012 Jeep Rubicon. I Live in the DC area and was

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Jeep Rubicon. I Live in the DC area and was driving in the snow over the weekend. I got stuck, but was able to get myself out. I drove to work today, and when I went over 60 MPH, the vehicle began to shake rapidly, it as only when I hit 60MPH. Is there anything that i could have done to cause this issue?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, sorry for the delay, Most common and i had exact same problem yesterday a few times and we see this during snow quite often,this is snow or ice that has built up in and around some or all of the wheels, In the spoke areas, around inside of rims and so on, One needs to look close at each wheel, pick out any ice or snow you see then need to look on the inside of the rim m scrape of any snow and ice, What is happening is the snow /ice buildup on some wheels is acting like wheel weights when you have your tires balanced, Basically the ice/snow is throwing the wheel balance off real bad,, Sometimesw it is not easy to clean this off, especially if below freezing , Mine vibrated real bad till I scraped my rims clean and now only slight vibrate, I am going to carwash to spray them better today, I realize likley no car wash open etc, but this is another suggest