Amedee
Amedee, Jeep Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Matt - i was looking at a loose hose on my jeep wrangler

Customer Question

Customer: hi matt - i was looking at a loose hose on my jeep wrangler 2001 tj sport and doing some research as to where it'd go
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the jeep is failing to pass smog but i'm not sure if its related to this loose hose
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jeep Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Can you take a picture and upload it to this page so I can take a look?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the first shows me holding the hose itself, and the second is without me holding it. the hose hangs down near the oil filter. hope this helps.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Thats either a vacuum hose/line or a evap hose. Look near the throttle body and intake to see if it comes from there

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

If so, it is a vacuum hose. If not, then I would suspect a evap line. Where does this line come from?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe it links to the throttle body, attached shows where the other end of the hose is connected to.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Amedee, I'm also uploading a video to hopefully give some more details as to where to connect the loose hose. If you're on a computer the link to the video is here: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/r3ndyt2nsedr5qd/AAAsCj1eg_7zTdYULCuSTvOUa
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry for the delay! Thank you for the video! A vacuum schematic for emission related items can be found on the VECI label

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

However, I will do some more digging for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for continuing to dig, please let me know when u get a chance the location of the open valve
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

TO be honest, it was hard to pinpoint the location with the video you sent. Could you resend a video "not so far zoomed in"? I would like to see all of the components on the firewall. The more detailed the better.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey there, i lost my password ***** a bit and still intend on sending a better quality video. Hope that's ok!
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Sounds good! Bring it on! :)