George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ years
13574682

I believe I need to top off my transmission fluid. I know

Customer Question

Customer: My name is***** believe I need to top off my transmission fluid. I know where it goes but don't know what to use
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a 1992 4 cylinder Jeep wrangler. I had a new clutch and both cylinders? replaced but my clutch is feeling squishy like there is not enough fluid. If I pump the clutch, it works better but I need to do someting
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jeep Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

If the reservoir is low you have a leak. You can fill the clutch hydraulic reservoir with DOT 3 or 4 brake fluid.

Please let me know how I can help

YOur manual transmission uses GL-5 gear oil.

Please let me know how I can help

Thank you