Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

I took my 2005 Jeep Liberty into a shop to get the heater

Customer Question

I took my 2005 Jeep Liberty into a shop to get the heater fixed but after I picked it up the radio is not working and neither are the dome lights inside the car or my electric locks. We checked all the fuses and unhooked/rehooked the battery and still nothing from all 3. Well my electric locks will work if the Jeep is running.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

Good morning..

Have you checked the IOD fuse?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what that is or where it's located
Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

The Ignition-Off Draw (IOD) fuse is disconnected from Junction Block fuse cavity # ***** when the vehicle is shipped from the assembly plant. Dealer personnel must reconnect the IOD fuse when the vehicle is being prepared for delivery in order to restore full electrical system operation.

1. Turn the ignition switch to the Off position.
  2. Remove the fuse access panel by unsnapping it from the outboard end of the instrument panel.
  3. Grasp the outer tabs of the IOD fuse holder unit in fuse cavity # ***** of the Junction Block between the thumb and forefinger and pull the unit firmly outward.
  4. Install the fuse access panel by snapping it onto the outboard end of the instrument panel.

Let me know if it's bad..

Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

I see this question is still open.. Don't forget to rate so I'm compensated for my time..

Have a greatday,

Brad

Expert:  Brad replied 1 year ago.

If you need more assistance feel free to reply, if not I would appreciate a positive rating so I'm compensated for my time..

Have a great day,

Brad