Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. ASE Master (L-1) Certified
10114124

Its a 2004 4.0 wrangler
, Well, a few days ago, while

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, and its a 2004 4.0 wrangler
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well, a few days ago, while towing a small boat, the vehicle could not accelerate past 55 mph. The trip to the water, there was no problem. I noticed a check engine light, checked the code at the next stop. It was a TPS code.. Replaced TPS when I got home. Checked voltages at TPS, everything normal. Now, the jeep no longer accelerates like before. It used to 0-60 in about 10 seconds, now, its more like 19 seconds.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I've worked for a Dodge dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help..

Can you give me the actual P code that is setting? That way I have an idea of what's going on..

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
p0121
Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for the reply!!

The code you have is P0121-TP SENSOR VOLTAGE DOES NOT AGREE WITH MAP SENSOR. I attached the test you will need to follow to determine the issue.. When I looked up your code it also had a case which is below:

Case NumberK19284560

Vehicle IssueP0121 : 84 : TPS VOLTAGE DOES NOT AGREE WITH MAP :clock spring;Follow all appropriate diagnostics for the fault that is present. Prior to replacing parts, please review the explanation below in the recommendation field.

System or ComponentDTC / Error Message;Yes - Intermittent,Yes - Continuously

RecommendationCheck for a short to power on the speed control five volt feed from cav. C32 at the PCM to the speed control switches. The clock spring can be a source of a short to power.

Modification Date11/10/04 4:36 PM

I hope this helps,

Brad

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Well, I have ran into "Perform Powertrain Verification Test Ver. 5", would you happen to have that as well?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the "Intermittent Condition Symptom" procedure?
Expert:  Brad replied 10 months ago.

Sure!!

I attached the tests but if you got that far it's not doing at this moment and the test passed so the conditions are not present at this time..

Glad I could help and thank you for the positive rating,

Brad