Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

98 jeep wrangler sport. the battery just clicks and starts

Customer Question

98 jeep wrangler sport. the battery just clicks and starts to engage but not enough to start the vehicle. My friend tried to jumpstart it with their car. It did not work. My lights work so the battery is not totally dead. However, I was wondering if because her car is so small if maybe it was not enough to charge my battery.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. That may be the case. It is possible that the car used to jump your Jeep is not producing enough current to jump your battery. Try this: reconnect the jumper cables to both cars and then have your friend let their car idle for about 10 minutes and allow your battery to charge up. Then try to start your car. If the cables are good, and your battery can charge, then it should start. if not, then you may have to have your battery replaced. I hope this helps!!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, did that help? Were you able to get the Jeep started?

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello??

Expert:  Chris replied 12 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!