Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My Name is ***** *****
, well the ESP and BAS in My

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Brad My Name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well the ESP and BAS in My Jeep JK is on and its Not Turning Off
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jeep Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: on the Scanner it Says lost communication with Steering Angle sensor Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

When these two lights/messages come on like this here this is to indicate that a fault has been detected by the ESP/BAS/ABS computer and what needed done was to have the fault codes read out of all computers using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers to see what codes are set.Once was done the codes set will need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.It looks like you have already had the codes checked and received a fault for the steering angle sensor not communicating.This is a common fault with the steering angle sensor itself with it needing replaced.I have had to replace several of these sensors before for this issue here.

In some cases it needs calibrated after the install.It is usually located behind the steering wheel on the steering column and may run up to $200 to $300 for the part and up to 1.5 hours labor to have replaced and usually needs obtained from a dealer.Once it is replaced and calibrated/programmed then the fault code needs cleared out/erased to turn off these messages.In some cases the lights/messages will turn off on their own after the part has been replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete