Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year working in the automotive field as a Tech.
7276279

86 grand wagoneer. I replaced the steering column, most of

Customer Question

Customer: hello, 86 grand wagoneer. I replaced the steering column, most of the ignition stuff and went to replace the NSS when the ignition wires to the starter relay began heating up. No issues with the ignition before that just started happening when I tried replacing the NSS. Any thpughts
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: wont start in park, but will in neutral? then the two ignition hot wires started heating leading to the starter replay when I replaced the NSS
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Jeep Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure seems fair
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Any time you have wires heating up it can be caused by an excessive draw and or a ground circuit. I would go back and recheck all the wiring routeing looking for any possible short to ground. If the wiring looks okay then try unplugging everything on the circuit one thing at a time and see if the problem occur which should help you isolate.