Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Jeep Certified Master Tech
12365498

We have a 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, the alarm just

Customer Question

We have a 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, the alarm just randomly goes off, all the time.... Middle is the night...whenever. We know about putting the key in the lock to reset it. Is there a way to disconnect the security system, permanently, without effecting the performance of the vehicle? ...or is there a fix for this that I am unaware of?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. The ONLY way to disconnect the security system permanently is to 1st disconnect the SAM (Security Alarm Module), and then replace the PCM (engine computer). That will remove the security system entirely. The reason you have to replace the PCM is because the PCM that is in the Jeep now will see that the SAM module is disconnected and will not allow the Jeep to start. Now another and cheaper option for now is to lock the doors with the manual door locks and not the power door lock, remote, or key. If you lock it manually, then the alarm will not set and not go off at night. Let me know if that will work for you. If not, then I will tell you how to disconnect the SAM module and replace the PCM.

I hope this helps!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!